Cardinal Land Conservancy relies on membership contributions to sustain the land preservation work happening in Southwest Ohio. This region is home to unique forests, quality soil, beautiful waterways, and historic farms. Your membership with Cardinal allows us to continue protecting the land you love in this region. The benefits of our work for you and our community are:
- More clean water
- More local food
- More scenic beauty
- More farmland protected
- More places for you to enjoy nature
If it is your love for the land in Southwest Ohio that brought you here, then you are in the right place. Cardinal is working hard on your behalf to preserve and protect this important community resources.
Your membership provides resources for Cardinal to:
- connect with landowning families
- monitor land under our protection
- purchase land in need of preservation
- educate the public on benefits of land preservation for quality of life
A membership with Cardinal partners you with a nationally accredited land trust that is working hard to keep our communities livable.
New Member Benefits
For a new membership gift of $35, you will receive:
- A Cardinal sticker to show your support
- Invitations to member-only hikes and tours of property under Cardinal's protection
For a new membership gift of $50 or more, you will receive the previous benefits and:
- Two free passes to visit the Cincinnati Nature Center, Cardinal's strategic partner. You can use them yourself or share them with a friend.
Pick a membership level that makes sense for you, your family, or your community. We greatly appreciate your tax-deductible membership contribution.
Firstly, thank you! Thank you for partnering with Cardinal during the previous year. Your membership contribution provided the resources for Cardinal to:
- monitor over 50 properties under our protection
- apply for Clean Ohio grant funding and purchase land in need of preservation
- plan educational experiences for our members and community
- grow the land under Cardinal's protection to 7,800 acres
Cardinal continues to grow the amount of land under our protection at a fast pace, with a goal of 9,500 acres protected by the end of 2022.
Member Renewal Benefits
Renewing your membership provides you access to member-only hikes and tours of properties protected by Cardinal. If you are able to increase your membership giving to the next level, Cardinal will send you a complimentary Cardinal Land Conservancy hat OR a copy of Native Plants Ohio, by Cardinal member John Doe.
Cardinal Land Conservancy, Inc. (“Cardinal”) is an Ohio non-profit corporation and an I.R.C. 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization (EIN 31-1673211). Cardinal is a nationally accredited land trust and the sixth to be accredited in Ohio. Cardinal’s charitable purpose is to protect natural areas, waterways, farm, and forested land in perpetuity. All information concerning donors or prospective donors (including their names, addresses, and telephone numbers, the names of their beneficiaries, the amount of their gift, etc.) shall be kept strictly confidential by Cardinal’s staff and volunteers unless permission is obtained from donors to release such information or disclosure is required by law. Cardinal Land Conservancy will never sell, rent, or lease our mailing list to another organization. Please consider remembering Cardinal in your Will by making an unrestricted gift to “Cardinal Land Conservancy, Inc. (EIN 31-1673211).” To discuss major gifts and legacy gifts, including gifts of land or conservation easements, please contact our Executive Director Andy Dickerson at andy@cardinallandconservancy.